Specialist Hydrotherapy treatments for injuries and pain
Hydrotherapy physiotherapy treatments explained
This is a type of physiotherapy that is performed in water. The water is usually warm and is used as a physiotherapy treatment for people with all sorts of physical problems, such as;
- Sporting injuries and rehabilitation
- Spinal Injuries
- Walking difficulties
- Movement problems after joint surgery
It is also used for people with more complex physical and learning disabilities.
There is virtually no limit to people who can improve their condition through hydrotherapy.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
- Hydrotherapy can help improve blood circulation
- Relieve pain and swelling
- Muscles become more relaxed due to the pressure, buoyancy and warmth of the water
- It can also help with mobility due to the buoyancy assisting weakened muscles.
Therefore, activities that aren’t possible to do on dry land can often be performed in the hydrotherapy pool.
Exercises that work against the resistance of the water, and dynamic movement exercises in the water can improve muscle strength, proprioception, balance, co-ordination and confidence.
Superb facilities & Easily Accessible – Craven Swimming Pool
Paragon Physiotherapy has a unique relationship with Craven Swimming Pool and fitness Centre as we operate a satellite clinic from within the centre. This means we have exclusive physiotherapy use of their 12m x 8m training pool, heated to around 32C for clients requiring hydrotherapy as part of their rehabilitation program.
This pool is state of the art and comes with:
- Disabled access and changing facilities
- Lifts that lower you into the pool
- A floor that can be raised or lowered to achieve the required therapy depth.
Lifeguards are present at the pool at all times.
Hydrotherapy sessions usually last an hour. You will have a one-on-one with the physiotherapist but other carers or family members are welcome to assist the physiotherapist with a client when appropriate to do so.
How to find us
Craven Swimming Pool & Fitness Centre